Below you will find a lot of information pertaining to the 2023 Cycleland Speedway Outlaw Kart Season. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need clarification on anything in this post!
Track Championship Point Races
- In 2023 we have scheduled 15 Point Races that will count towards the 2023 Track Championship for the Restricted Box, Box Stock, 250 Int, Open Int, Open & Sportsman Classes. Events that are dubbed “Premier Events” are not included in this years Championship Chase.
- In recent years, the Box Stock Class has run a format much different than the rest of the classes. In 2023 the Box Stocks & Restricted Box will run nearly the same format as all other classes, the only difference being that their A-Main Event will only start 18 Karts as opposed to the 22 karts in all other classes. All classes will qualify, the Top 6 lock into the Dash, everyone else runs a Heat Race. Dash Karts will start 5th-10th in the Main Event in order of Dash Finish. Heat Race winners and/or 2nd place finishers will make up the front two rows of the Main Event.
- Changes to Championship Points format. In 2023 we are making some slight adjustments to the way points are awarded throughout Point Race Nights. Qualifying will award 30 points to Fast Time regardless of Kart Count, with a 1-point drop per position. Heat Races will award 18 points to the winner, with a 2-point drop per position to 8th (4 pts). The Trophy Dash will award 30 points to the winner with a 2-point drop per position. Main Events will award 200 points to the winner, 195 to 2nd, 192 to 3rd, with a 2-point drop per position through the end of the field.
- Drivers will be allowed THREE subs to be used at any time throughout the points season. Drivers using a sub will be given either their 4-race average or the point total earned by their sub; whichever is lowest. The 4-race average will be polled from the four most recent completed events that were not already used to calculate an average for a previous sub.
Premier Event Series
- In 2023 we have scheduled five “Premier Events” that will consist of 10 nights of racing action. Classes competing during the Premier Events include Box Stock, 250 Int., Open Int., Open, Sportsman, & Caged Clone. The Restricted Box Class will NOT be competing during the Premier Events.
- The Premier Events include the QRC Cup (April 28-29), Spring Challenge (May 26-27), Ed Brown Classic (July 1-2), Outlaw Kart Showcase (September 3-4), and Grandpa George Trophy Night (September 22-23). These events will all run an identical format. The Prelim. Night of each event will feature Qualifying, Heat Races, & Main Events. Drivers will earn points throughout the night to set the lineups for the Finale Night. The Top 8 in Points on the Prelim. Night will lock into the Finale Night King of the Hill Dash & Main Event. The rest will run Heat Races on Finale Night to attempt to race into the Main Event.
- We will also be crowning a Premier Event Champion in 2023. Drivers will earn points for their Main Event finishes on each Premier Event Race Night. On Prelim. Nights the Winner will be awarded 100 pts, 2nd 95, 3rd 92, with a 2-point drop per position from there through the end of the field. Finale Night will be double points, so 200 to win, 190 for 2nd, 184 for 3rd, with a 4-point drop per position from there through the end of the field. At the end of the series the driver with the most points earned during Premier Events will be crowned 2023 Premier Event Champion. There will be NO SUBS allowed during Premier Events. This excludes the Caged Clones since many of their Track Points races will take place during Premier Events.
- With separate Points Series running concurrent throughout the season, we will also be crowning an “Ironman” in each class. This award will go to the top point earner in Track Championship Points & Premier Event Points Combined at the end of the season for each class.
Caged Clone Championship
- The Caged Clones, despite running primarily during Premier Events, will crown a Track Champion in 2023. They are scheduled for 11 Point Races. The Caged Clones will earn Main Event Points only throughout the season, so Qualifying, Heat Race, & Trophy Dashes will have no Championship Points awarded. Main Event Points will be awarded using the Regular Season Cycleland Speedway Points Scale, meaning the winner will be awarded 200 pts, 2nd will receive 195, 3rd gets 192, then it will be a 2-point drop per position from there through the end of the field. There is only one event for the Caged Clones that occurs during a regular season Points Race and that is July 29th, all other races will be held during the Premier Events throughout the season.
- Caged Clone drivers will be allowed TWO subs to be used at any time throughout the points season. Drivers using a sub will be given either their 4-race average or the point total earned by their sub; whichever is lowest. The 4-race average will be polled from the four most recent completed events that were not already used to calculate an average for a previous sub.